Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oh my, Oh my...

Asher lifted Mickey off the potty, looked inside, and said, "Nope." : )

     Ok, let me begin with saying we are against Asher watching TV.  Fortunately, he's never been very interested.  I think watching TV means being still and he's just not into that.  Well, at some point I must have shown him Mickey Mouse and now he requests it if the TV is being turned on.  I do let him watch the 8:00 morning episode while he enjoys his morning milk.  I actually love this time because we cuddle and enjoy the show together.  My mom even found a Mickey Mouse that's about Asher's size that he enjoys.  So, when it came time to consider a Halloween costume, it only seemed right that we let our little guy be Mickey Mouse.  Well, last year I went with the already put together store bought outfit and decided to get creative this year so I'm piecing together parts from different stores but I think he's going to be super cute- as always.  : )
     While searching for parts to his costume, we came across this lion outfit.  I honestly can't remember the last time I laughed until I cried.  Well, this lion costume had me rolling.  Asher wasn't a huge fan so we let him take it off before I realized I must have it on film.  So, here's a video showing Asher in the lion top.  He was probably wondering why we had freed him only to put him right back in it.  I kind of wish we had purchased it just to have a good laugh later on. 


(Scroll to bottom of screen to pause music.)

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures! I know it'll be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww... he's a little Alfie! Cute pictures! I am going to add your blog to my blogroll! I love how many of our friends write blogs! It's such a fun way to keep up with each other's lives.

    As for the grocery shopping, yes, it does take more time to shop this way, but I have saved so much that now I don't want to go back. It's like a little game I play with myself.

    Really, if you just buy what is on sale or in season, that's huge savings. When I get tired of coupons (which happens from time to time), that's what I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Just saw the pic at the top that says there will be 4 of you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you guys! So exciting... Now the family fun really begins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrgghh!! I tried to post a comment already but lost it. Man, that is one cute kid. I absolutely love the picture of your new little one. Handsome! (or cute). Kids and Halloween costumes. When Devin was really little we had this awesome pumpkin costume for him. The cut out part on the top of the jack-o-lantern was a little hat with a strap under his chin. Photo op city. So we load him in the car to drive him to the baby sittter's and he barfs all over the costume and the back seat. Back home for a bath and then into his nice comfy bear pj's. That became his costume that year. And you can only fit a costume like once.

    Contrast that with one of his more recent costumes, Pizza Box Head. Just a frozen pizza box with eye holes cut out of it. He came home with a ton of candy too.

    ReplyDelete