Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wowzers!

     Ok, it has been MONTHS since I've made time to sit and do anything with the blog.  You guys have been neglected but it's all good.  I'm back.  Maybe not for long but this is a start.  Obviously, we are now a family of 4 and I could not love my kids more.  As you can see, they're pretty fond of each other as well.   




     Today, Asher even pretty much suggested that I have another baby sister for him.  Well, don't know about that, but love that he even liked the idea.  He also told me that when he gets older he's going to have a baby in his belly.  Well, I explained that his wife would have the baby in her belly and that he would be the daddy.  He then just restated that he would have a baby in his belly when he grew up so I moved on to the next conversation.  He has been the best big brother.  When she was younger, he would jump at the opportunity to lay out my supplies for a diaper change.  He now jumps to be the one to make her laugh when she's beginning to get upset. 
     My little guy will be 3 in December and Sloan will be 6 months on Monday.  They fill my days.  Period.  I would love to be a stay at home mom forever.  I'm not sure Brent agrees but I would love to pick them up from school every day if I could.  I mean, at what point will your children not need you?  I'm 31 and I certainly don't know what I'd do without my mom.  I thank God for her often.  Well, I don't have long.  Just wanted to do a little updating.  We're happy.  We're healthy.  We're busy.  We're Blessed.







 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Welcome back to the blogosphere. Your kids are beautiful. It has been too long since I have seen them. Raising kids is the best occupation there is. No doubt. I love being a teacher for that reason. For so many years I packed the kids into the car in the morning, fed them breakfast at school, and on the way home we sang silly songs, listened to books on tape (then CD) and unpacked about the day. I just wrote a sentimental piece about it for my blog.

    You are blessed, my friend. Every period of our lives has beautiful things about it, but yours? Right now? Right this very minute? Cherish it. Because when it is behind you, it will have gone by in a flash.

    ReplyDelete