Saturday, July 3, 2010

Asher turns 1 1/2

So I wanted to go ahead and get these on here before too long.  They were taken June 19 when Asher turned 18 months.  We did something special when he turned 6 months only it was a strawberry cupcake with icing because that's what I wanted so obviously, at 6 months we wouldn't allow him to eat it but his mommy did.  It was just a good photo opportunity.  Basically, we don't give Asher sweets or things with added sugar.  Brent and I just feel there is so much growth and development going on that we want to make sure he's getting his nutrients from foods that count.  I made his one year birthday cake, which was an apple cake with whipped topping.  So for his year and a half, I made a blueberry muffin with whipped topping.  I agree, the whipped topping surely is not as good without the added sugar and as you'll see later on, he wasn't a huge fan.  He actually ate it upside down so that he didn't eat any whipped topping.  


My Masterpiece



Sampling the whipped cream



"Hmm... maybe if I turn it over I can bypass the white stuff..."



"Oh yeah, now we're talking.  Hey, thanks mom for finishing off that top layer for me."  : )



Who knows what he was thinking here.  Probably, "Why do you guys have to take pictures of everything..."



Now, just a few to show the many precious faces of Asher...


He finished the day by "going PP" in his own potty.  You guessed it... I have a photo, I just chose not to include.  : )  I know, for those old John & Kate Plus 8 fans, I'm a little like Kate when it comes to documenting firsts! (No matter what they are.) 

1 comment:

  1. It is awesome to include so many pictures of Asher taken right in a row. With little ones you have to look at a lot of pictures and sort of average them to get a true picture.

    Peepee in the potty!? That is far too young. ASHER! Cut it out. You'll make the rest of us parents look bad if you get potty trained so fast.

    ReplyDelete