Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day to this "Mama"

So, I want to begin by thanking my husband for his dear posts.  I've struggled with him away but I know that Brent lights up a room with his energy and positive attitude and I'm glad he's been able to share that with some wounded warriors.  I know that this day may have been difficult for Brent since it's his first without his mother but I am glad to see that he knows she's having a better time in Heaven than she could have ever experienced here on earth.   
 I'm taking a moment to reflect on Mother's Day. This is a day that children show appreciation and make their mother's feel special. Well, Asher didn't quite get that memo, but his daddy did try to make it special from afar.  I took a moment today to appreciate the gift of being a mom.  What Asher means to me and what the future will hold for us.  There are many who struggle with infertility or even those who are still searching for their soul mate.  I am so thankful that God has allowed me to find Brent and experience the joy (and many other emotions) of being Asher's "Mama."   



My Precious Boy...


Always Busy...


Always ready for adventure...




Lots of personality...



Curious...


And he sure knows how to make his "Mama" proud!

1 comment:

  1. You are all so lucky to have each other. Thanks so much for getting your thoughts and emotions out there on this blog. I need a Petersen fix. Let's arrange that soon. Happy belated Mother's Day, Kristin.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete