Monday, January 4, 2010

Crazy Love

I have begun reading the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Well, let me clarify. I would not want to offend any readers out there so i will come clean. I use the 2 + hours I spend in the car a day to "read" or listen to books on tape. I say reading...others would not agree. Anyway, back to the story, I have started "reading this book and it is about finding a relationship with God and truly Loving Him. I came to a part in the book when the Author was talking about how much God loves us. Imagine, he gave his only son for our salvation. What love!!!?? He made a reference to his daughter and his love for her. How much he wanted to give to her and protect her, and lead her down the right path. Being a new father, I have to say, my eyes have been opened to so much. Listening to Francis, all I could do was to picture Asher, my son, my first and only son, in harms way, mistreated, ridiculed, or even have his heart broken.. My breathing became somewhat shallow and a tear came to my eye. How could any of this happen to such an innocent soul? How could my perfect little boy ever be a target. I tried to imagine the Love I feel for him "multiplied by infinity and taken to the edge of forever" to grasp God's Love for us and for his son. Not only could I not fathom that unearthly love, but it lead to me to a realization that almost made me sick. Could I give my son Asher to save others? Sacrifice my child for the salvation of others? Wow! And then, to think that each day, I would live among thousands of people who I sacrificed so much for, while they never really appreciated my loss, my sacrifice for them. People would just take for granted what is, and not how it has come to be. We are so blessed and so Loved...return the favor and appreciate all that has been given to you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Very powerful thoughts. It surely does give you perspective when you think of it the way you put it. It takes being a Christian to an important level, you know. Not like, "Yeah, I'm a Christian. I go to church. It's cool to be a Christian..."

    Being a father/mother makes you look at the world in a different way. Nothing else is quite as important. You want to do it all for your little one. Then there is this time when you know you have to let him get hurt - so he'll learn how and that he'll survive; when you will have to let go - knowing that it is part of being strong and independent. How did our parents do it?

    THIS SOUNDS LIKE A CONVERSATION OVER A BOTTLE OF BEER OR NEXT TO A CAMPFIRE, know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete