Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wild at Heart

I have begun my next book on tape. Wild at Heart by John Eldredge. WOW! I have to say I have been really excited about getting into this one. I have had several people recommend it to me over the last few months and it has been great so far. I do want to say that I am not yet done thinking deeply on the other book, Crazy Love, that I just finished. It has really made me think of things in a different way, but I just couldn't wait to start this one. Anyway, Wild at Heart is book about the true soul and heart of a male. One of my favorite parts is when the author talks about how men are strong and fierce by nature, and that Jesus, though most always seen as kind and gentle, is both fierce and strong in the face of his enemies. This book gives wonderful support from the scripture and for someone like me who has only limited knowledge of the Bible, I find it not only fascinating, but exciting. I will warn you, it had me wanting to take a weekend and head out to the wilderness to find my true heart in self discovery camping trip...who knows, maybe someday. I found it interesting that I blogged earlier this week about people who don't like their jobs, and this book talks about how men, and women as well, get "stuck" in jobs and routines that are not true to their heart. Men need adventure and a battle, and if men can not find it in their everyday life, it will come out in another way. Having an outlet that either challenges us or allows us to create or save something or someone is mentioned often in the book. So much pent up anger may be due to a lack of fulfillment in our lives. I am excited to see where the book continues. Happy day...and let it snow!! Brent

1 comment:

  1. Hey, No snow day for us. While I am not as well versed in the Bible as I should be, what I know of the New Testament (especially the Gospels) is all about Jesus standing up to the establishment. He talked back to the big guys like no one else. He stood up for the poor, women, the sick, children... EVERYONE who otherwise didn't have a voice. He was truly the best teacher.

    Books on tape can be truly addicting, can't it? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete