Saturday, June 26, 2010

A day at the Zoo


We recently decided to get a Zoo membership.  There's truly more than we can ever really appreciate (or Asher can handle) in a day, and living in Lexington, the Botanical Garden entrance isn't far at all.  By the way, I can bring one guest with me so let me know if you ever want to plan a trip!  Children 3 and under are free.  We went one toasty day last week... 


Oh he wanted to get in so bad...and it was hot enough that I couldn't blame him.





He was just as happy playing with a large stick in a bamboo forest.



Love this one.  My favorite part of the zoo is the gorillas.  I could seriously watch them for hours, and I have so many more pictures.  This one is just my favorite.



I was telling Asher about the monkey.  Thanks to Head to Toe by Eric Carle, Asher is a fan of waving his arms like a monkey. 



Brent insisted we go feed the birds.  I never knew about this area and now I'm afraid a trip to the zoo won't be complete until we've given the birds some nectar.



One last ride before heading home.  Asher needed his nap.



Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment