Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day Brent!

At 1:30 in the morning on December 19, 2008, Brent felt a new love...


Oh believe me, this is the tiniest sampling of the many photos I have of these 2 together. I can't explain the pride I feel in knowing that Asher has and will continue to have Brent as his role-model in life. I used to say of Brent, "You're just so capable." I realize some may consider this an interesting way to describe your husband but he can truly do anything he puts his mind to. We laugh at all of the jobs he had growing up but they truly taught him so many things. And what they didn't, he taught himself.
Brent finds the positive in things and would do anything for his family and friends. He is so caring and giving. He is an amazing listener. (Poor guy because I am horrible). He gives the best advice. He knows his priorities and I am thankful that they are where God would want them to be.
Father's Day is a day to show appreciation and thankfulness. Asher is a little young to recognize these things, but one day he will realize how blessed he is to have Brent as his "Da da." Asher will be a better person because of Brent's guidance, protection, and unconditional love. Thank you God for this. I guess we should have more kids so they can all be so blessed. : )
My prayer tonight is for all of those who have lost or do not know their fathers. When you recognize all that you have, it's difficult to not think of those who are without. I pray that they get to know their Eternal Father and find another role-model to guide them in this short life on earth.

1 comment:

  1. Without you my love, I would not be a father. Thank you so much for the joy you have given me and the amazing son you have given us. I am blessed that you see me in such light and with such love. You are so loved.

    ReplyDelete